Monday, November 21, 2005

Sly as a Fox

Most lefties that I know absolutely relish complaining about the bias at Fox News, while at the same time giving a complete deadpan when I point out the left-wing bias pumped out by the other 99.5% of the mainstream media: including NPR, PBS, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, Seattle PI, ad infinitum.

I cannot confirm that this Dick Cheney "Black X" story is true. But if it is, the left is hereby "estopped" from whining about bias Fox News and how all the poor red staters are only conservative because they don't listen to NPR.

2 comments:

Orrin Johnson said...

I gre up in South Dakota. One of the funniest things I've ever heard was a liberal explaining to me last year how those poor, ignorant South Dakotans were fooled into voting "against their economic interests" because ALL they had was Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. I had to laughingly explain that we had NPR, all the major networs, cable, the internet - and that it was all available just in time for the '04 election because they installed it last year along with our new-fangled indoor plumbing.

How much do you want to bet that X was some 19 year old intern working in the production booth who thought he was being funny and didn't realize his "Xs" were being broadcast? The shameful thing is that if that's the case, he'll be a hero back at his college newspaper.

Orrin Johnson said...

Sure enough. I still don't know if it aired on purpose, but when you know this is the attitude behind the scenes, it's hard to take CNN seriously. Not that I have for a while now...